Monday, 14 November 2016
BEST Dutch-Oven Breakfat Casserole
How to Make a Dutch-Oven Breakfast Casserole
Start your day with this tasty casserole that serves a crowd.
1 hour, 15 minutes
What you’ll need:
12” camp Dutch oven
Large mixing bowl
Fork for mixing
½ tsp. powdered mustard
1 cup milk
1 lb. ground pork sausage
Half loaf of bread, broken into small pieces
½ large onion, diced
½ large green pepper, diced
½ large red pepper, diced
½ large orange pepper, diced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 small jar of mild salsa
1. At home, preslice vegetables to make the cooking process easier at camp. Store diced onion in its own resealable bag; store diced peppers in separate resealable bag.
2. At camp, preheat Dutch oven over 25 coals.
3. While oven is warming, mix eggs, powdered mustard and milk in bowl.
4. Brown sausage and onion in the oven.
5. Mix bread and sliced peppers with the sausage.
6. Pour egg mixture over bread, peppers and sausage.
7. Cover all with cheese.
8. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, using 17 coals on the lid and 8 coals under the oven until the eggs set. Refresh coals as required.
9. Serve with salsa, if you like.....
Enjoy the Breakfast..
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)